Summer is kind of "made for" weddings, with many happening right now! And because of the "wedding season", why not taking a look at some of the most iconic wedding dresses ever? They certainly are remembered by some who saw it at the time or later in magazines or posts.
There are other iconic dresses, for sure, but it seems that the ones below are the most remembered ones. Let's know a bit about them!
1. Grace Kelly
An Oscar-winning Hollywood actress was then Princess of Monaco in 1956. Kelly’s iconic wedding dress was a trend-setting one for the 50s bridal dress silhouette. The MGM designer Helen Rose was the designer of the dress.
2. Caroline of Monaco (now Caroline of Hannover)
Grace Kelly's daughter married for the first time in a romantic Christian Dior dress from 1978. The wedding was later annulled.
3. Bianca Perez-Mora Macias married rock star Mick Jagger in Yves Saint Laurent, 1971. It was a daring outfit at the time.
4. Yoko Ono marries John Lennon in 1969. A mini dress, image of the 60s.
British Royal weddings
5. Queen Elizabeth II married Prince Phillip in Norman Hartnell, 1947. It was said that because it was "after-war" years, the dress was not really amazing, rather simple for a queen-to-be, to give the example to the population, to be frugal as the royalty members.
6. Lady Diana’s trendsetting wedding dress from 1981 was big - 25 foot train! But at the time it was meant to be the dress of a queen-to-be. The wedding took place at St. Paul Cathedral. The dress was very popular at the time, a very romantic design by David and Elizabeth Emanuel.
7. And more recently, Kate Middleton married Prince William in Alexander McQueen, 2011.
Do you have any other iconic wedding dress to share? We would love to see more designs!
Denise S. is the blogger behind DenisesPlanet, a blog about her adventures, studies, readings and fashion, as well. She loves shoes, travelling, roses, learning languages and sweets, among other things. Learning from people and respecting each other's opinions are always very important for her!